Please help - brand new to Linux/Ubuntu Server I'm just trying to get a Virtual Host setup but my apache2 package will not start. I keep getting the same failure messages like:
Failed to start LSB: Apache2 web server
then I'll type
systemctl status apache2.service
and it reads (picking out particulars):
- Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sat 2016-07-30 ...etc.
- Docs: man:systems-sysv-generator(8)
- Process: 4832 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/apache2 start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
- (*) The apache2 configtest failed output of config test was:
- AH00526: Syntax error on line 22 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-deault.conf
- Cannot find module ssl Action 'configtest' failed. The Apache error log may have more information.
and this is where I get frustrated. I then try to access the error log and
No.1 It kept denying me permissions so I played with some sudo&permissions stuff and finally got that to go away but now,
No.2 I have no clue how to read the error log file. Nano brings up nothing, tail -f brings up endless nothing, typing simply /var/log/apache2/error.log does nothing.... I'm stuck.