Say I'd like to let my users write reviews about restaurants. They can write a text about the restaurant, set the location, set a link to the restaurants homepage and give an overall rating.
They should choose form various tags, e.g. Kind of Kitchen (Chinese, French, American, ..), kind of restaurant (fast-food, Haute Cuisine, ..).
I know, maybe we should moderate these reviews in order to have valid data.
In the end it should be possible to things like these:
- Show me all reviews of restaurant XYZ and the average rating.
- Show me all reviews of restaurants in my City
- Show me all fast-food restaurant reviews max. 5 miles away from me.
.. and so on.
These Reviews can have comments and likes (maybe dislikes also).
The navigation should be very intuitive. I’d prefer combining tags (in order to refine the search results) till you have the list you want over having a big search form.
My first thought was to build this on top of XenForo, but maybe there's a better solution.
The big plus of XenForo would be:
- it has user management, text editor, likes – it’s like a CMS especially for forums.
- it has tags, a rating API, and more things we would need.
- apart form the reviews a classical discussion forum would be important to have (for threads like “What restaurant would you recommend in my City for birthday dinner next Friday?”)
So, my question is: On what CMS / Forum software should I start building the review app as an addon / extension?