- jQuery Examples
- How To Save Traffic With Apache2’s mod_deflate
Deflate is the new gzip. Follow this guide to configure Apache 2 and save bandwidth.
- Windows Vista: Get Ready
Vista Beta 2 containing IE7+ Beta 2 is now publicly available for download. It’s a 3.5GB (32bit) or 4.4GB (64bit) download, or you can order the DVD for a small fee.
- 15 Days Of jQuery
- Why the light has gone out on LAMP
Interesting rant claiming that today PHP does little but promote poor coding practices, and everything MySQL can do either PostgreSQL or SQLite can do better.
- Google Spreadsheets
Google’s latest pre-release web application brings shared spreadsheets to the Web. Some cute AJAX, but really there are better options out there (like ThinkFree Online).
- Google to add Albums to Picasa! And I Need to Vent
TechCrunch’s Michael Arrington rants about how Google gets huge PR for very ho-hum announcements, like Google Spreadsheets.
- AJAX Edit In Place With Prototype, Version 0.2.0
- Ajax History Support in Safari Possible?
Supporting the Back/Forward buttons in single-page AJAX apps is possible in all major browsers except Safari right now. That may be about to change.
- Best 27 Eclipse Tutorials by IBM
As the primary sponsor of the free Eclipse IDE, IBM has published a lot of tutorials about it. Here are the top 27.
- Indicating Language Choice on the Web
A brief article discussing how best to indicate the availability of alternative-language content on the web. If you’re just using country flag icons, you should read this.
- The True Folly of Web 2.0
An inspiring opinion piece calling into question the motives of the so-called Web 2.0. Are we all failing our potential?
- Huge Aerial Database Update to Google Earth Thursday Night!
These extensive updates will make it to Google Maps, and will appear in your own mashups, soon.
- SocialText/wikiCalc: More Interesting Than Google Spreadsheets
Google Spreadsheets competitor wikiCalc to be bundled with SocialText, providing the shared editing of Google Spreadsheets without the need to store your data on Google servers.
- Think Tanks Mock Net Neutrality With Fake Amendment
As the U.S. House of Representatives rejects net neutrality, some parties are mocking the proposal by suggesting it should apply to companies like Amazon and Google.
- How To Use cURL (in PHP) For Authentication And SSL Communication
Demonstrates some of the more obscure aspects of HTTP authentication and SSL connections using PHP’s cURL library.